As we get our feet wet with course materials, I want to make sure that everyone is aware of the resources I have set up for this course thus far:
- bCourses: all course materials were added to the Modules of the bCourses site (you will find them organized according to the weekly plan outlined in the Syllabus); I am also experimenting with new features of bCourses, recently developed here at UCB (hence the “Asset Library,” “Whiteboards” etc. areas of the bCourses site). These resources are only available to the students enrolled in the class.
- Mapping Diasporas blog: mappingdiasporas.wordpress.com (this has been my blog since this project started: students are welcome to contribute at any time, although it is not mandatory to do so–if anyone is interested, just let me know!)
- Mapping Diasporas Twitter handle: twitter.com/mapdiasporas (Links to an external site.) (I typically post there links and ideas that relate to the project)
- A set of images on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/spagnoloacht/albums/72157667150298835 (Links to an external site.)
- A Zotero group (and related library): https://www.zotero.org/groups/mapping_diasporas (Links to an external site.) (if you are not familiar withZotero, make sure to check it out, especially if you need to manage resources for papers or other research projects)
As the semester progresses, more resources will be added to the various online venues listed above, and perhaps more will emerge. While using the additional resources, beyond bCourses, is not required, I believe that students may find some use in what is published there as well, especially in thinking about class projects and how to plan them.
As usual, do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
Until (very) soon,